A car journey can be a nice family adventure, especially when the weather is great. Pick a place where the kids can have some #fun and the parents can have a nice #relaxing time, away from work and traffic jams.
The car is usually the chosen vehicle to get to a desired destination, which means that the driver is responsible for the family's safety and comfort. But a pleasant car #journey can be ruined if one (or all) the passengers become nauseated...
According to the Ford Motor Company, car sickness can be avoided if the passengers adopt these 6 tips:
1. Travel (whenever possible) in the front seats of the car, and if you have to ride in the back seat, use the middle seat so that you can have a better view of the road ahead;
2. The driver should always adopt a smooth driving style, avoiding aggressive braking and acceleration manoeuvres (and potholes!);
3. A family song helps to distract the younger passengers and to make them much more comfortable;
4. Avoid drinking coffee and don't drink too much water. If you have to eat something try ginger biscuits;
5. Maintain a still head position by using a pillow or a neck support;
6. Keep the air conditioning running to promote the circulation of fresh air.
I would add one that Ford apparently forgot, which is to make a stop!
Every country is beautiful and any route can be a scenic one, which means that the driver should stop from time to time to breathe some nice fresh air and take lots of pictures.
These moments are precious for everyone involved, and it doesn't really matter where you are going as long as everyone is enjoying the moment without having to think about anything other than having a nice family day.